Lightning Quiz – Do you know these facts?
Since ancient times, people have admired lightning and feared it. Let's recall some facts about lightning - welcome to Lightning Quiz.
So what is the "Facts about lightning" quiz?
- We will ask you 7 questions to remember the facts about lightning.
- There are three possible answers - you must choose only one.
- If you're make mistake, don't worry! Wrong answered questions will be shown again at the end of quiz until the correct answer is received.
Interesting Facts about lightning.
- In many different religions, lightning perceived as God's punishment.
- When lightning strikes the sand, it turns into clots of glass. That was the first glass used by the ancient people.
- Lightning bolts are often strikes on airplanes. To avoid the failure of engines or electronics, airplanes are made in a special way.
- Every minute on the planet more than three thousand lightning strikes the earth.
- Lightning speed is over thirty thousand miles per hour.
- By the way, there are lightning not only on Earth, but also, for example, on Jupiter.
- It is said that lightning never hits the same place. But in reality this is not the case - very often you can find places where lightning strikes constantly.
- Powerful lightning discharge generates a dangerous shock wave.
- In 1972, a paralyzed English court, having received a thunderbolt, regained the ability to move.
- In 1998, a tragedy struck the Democratic Republic of the Congo - 11 people were killed by a lightning strike on a football field - the entire football team.
- Uganda, an African country. In the small town of Tororo, thunderstorms occur from 365 days a year - more than two hundred.
- But in Egypt, on the contrary, one can observe lightning once in a hundred years.
- It is said that a chance to die from a lightning strike is equal to a chance to die from falling out of bed.
It seems you are ready to start?