Ancient Greece Quiz – What do you know about it?
But once Ancient Greece, in all seriousness, claimed the primacy in the race of ancient civilizations. Let's remember these great times and complete Ancient Greece Quiz.
So what is the "Ancient Greece Quiz"?
- We ask you 8 questions about the Ancient Greece.
- There are three possible answers, you must choose only one.
- If you're make mistake, don't worry! Wrong answered questions will be shown again at the end of quiz until the correct answer is received.
Some Facts about Ancient Greece.
- Greeks did not suffer from religious fanaticism. Their gods had the same vices as humans, and everyone thought it was quite normal.
- Greeks actively distributed the cult of heroes-demigods. They born by mortal women from gods or who have earned their status as epic legendary accomplishments. And this already allowed especially pretentious and aristocratic families to assign themselves as the ancestor of one or another hero: Theseus, Perseus, Hercules, Jason, Odyssey, Achilles or Hector.
- What is unusual for the Abrahamic religions, the Greeks did not even stand on their knees before the gods, but talked like an ordinary person.
- They also did not have a centralized cult and the post of a similar pope or patriarch. There were sacred sites, but temples of each god separately.
- The priests usually took part in politics, because the Greeks, no one forbade being a clergyman and politician at the same time. Also, temples played a role ... bank vaults for all sorts of jewels!
- Attempts to introduce the religious cult of Alexander of Macedon during his lifetime caused the ironic attitude of the Greeks. "If Alexander wants to be a god, then let him be a god," - said the Spartans about this. However, after two generations, the Greeks rendered divine honors to the Demetrius I of Macedon, as the liberator of Greece.
- Unlike the gladiators of Rome, champions of the Olympic games did not become the idols of young fans and did not swim in money. But they were exempted from taxes and received sacral, religious status of demigods, and with it the right to teach people around them, even if they were above their social status. Gladiator champions never dreamed of it.
It seems you are ready to start?